Monday 9 May 2011

Design Assisstant

I'm being a design assistant to a 3rd year (katherine) for 3wks.

Wednesday 27th April
I found it a little daunting at first but Katherine is really nice and gives v.good advice and is really easy to talk to. =]
I did a few simple tasks on the first day such as getting threads to match the fabrics used in Katherine's collection, finding look books and i traced around a pattern that Katherine had already completed so that it was flat rather than folded up. 

Wednesday 4th May
I really enjoyed today I was introduced to different areas of the college by Katherine which i found really useful, such as jewelery, print, digital print, photography. I loved sitting in on the fashion photography and it gave me ideas for my own work and made me think not just of what I'm making but of how what I make in my own work can be presented to the public...... 
I really liked seeing how Katherine had combined the making side of Pathway B with branding. 

Wednesday 11th May/ Thursday 12th May
Today was a little less busy and wasnt needed too much I went to the photoshoots again to see what happened which I found really interesting. However...I helped as a little extra on Thursday, I scanned all Katherines sketch book sheets into the computer it didnt take long and it gave me an opportunity to see the work leading up to the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment